What is Explosion Suppression?
Explosion safety includes explosion suppression as well as explosion venting and isolation. Explosion suppression extinguishes the explosion just as it is beginning – and well before the pressure rises to a critical level. Explosion suppression systems use sensors to detect sparks or flames as they are created and instantly open connected containers of extinguishing agent that is highly effective at extinguishing the explosion in the blink of an eye.
How the Q-BIC System Works
The Q-Bic system is suitable for indoor applications where the explosion cannot be discharged to the outside atmosphere. It extinguishes the explosion at the point of ignition. Combustion is identified and immediately suppressed due to the prompt release of dry powder using HDR (high rate discharged) technology into the endangered area. The dry powder extracts the heat and the explosion is rendered inert. Any consequential losses are are reduced to a minimum.
Application of the Rembe Q-Bic Explosion Suppression System
Q-Bic is an ideal explosion suppression system for use with toxic substances where it is essential to prevent these substances from being released into the atmosphere. In addition, Q-Bic is widely used in all apparatus, ducts and pipes for dusts, gases and hybrid mixtures in the following industrial sectors: the chemical industry, food processing, woodworking and the pharmaceutical industry as well as coal-fired power stations. Q-Bic is also used as a isolation system for large pipes and shafts..
Q-BIC® Explosion Suppression System Optimized for Individual Requirements
• The vessel and surrounding area remain completely unaffected as the explosion is extinguished at an early stage. Q-Bic is therefore ideal for use with toxic substances.
• Most cost-effective way to isolate large pipes i.e. greater than DN 300 (12”) and rectangular shafts.
• Flexible use due to short mounting distances.
• Low cost, minimal work involved as the system is integrated into the main controller (if required).
• Detection via bursting disc or optionally via a redundant detector.
• Explosion suppression system optimized for individual requirements.
• Integrated rechargeable batteries in the controller ensure full explosion safety during power failures for up to 4 hours.
• Full traceability through the documentation of more than 8000 events, such as explosions, activation and deactivation of the plant as well as other faults in the system, e.g. broken cables.
• Suitable for use at ambient temperatures of up to +70 °C (158°F).
• Robust, corrosion-protected valve technology.
• Hygienic versions available.
• Just 1x service per year.